- Meeting Called to Order by President, Ms. Rolanda Powell at 6:38 PM.
- Purpose and mission statement read by President Powell
- Reading of October meeting minutes by President Powell
- Minutes approved as read by President.
- President’s Report was given by Ms. Powell
- President Powell shared info about the “Fireside Chat” with Clifford “T.I.” Harris at Georgia Tech. Questions from the general audience were not allowed, as they were predetermined from APS school students. CHNA membership will continue exploring alternative ways to engage Mr. Harris in the development of Center Hill.
- President Powell shared an update to the October 15th meeting focused on addressing the DLH corridor and safety concerns as they relate to all communities along the route in advance of the November 19th meeting. The DLH Transportation Safety Pre-Community meeting was attended by residents from 6 NPU’s, Andre Dickinson, Sheila Jones and Senator Horacina Tate among others. A request was made during this meeting to have access to the data/reports in advance of GDOT/MARTA townhall scheduled for Nov 19th. During this update, several JBM Tower residents stated that Ms. Williams confirmed for them that a request for a traffic calming light had been approved, but the date of installation was unknown. CHNA leadership will work to get additional information regarding GDOT timeline and official results of pedestrian study.
- Report of the Committees:
At this time, we are still in need of leadership for various committees. President Powell provided an overview of the committees as well as which ones have a vacant chair position.
- Zoning Committee
- Communications Committee
- The Center Hill Neighborhood Association logo, designed by our communications committee chair, was revealed to the general body. A brief explanation of the characteristics in the design were provided as context as well as news regarding the creation of a CHNA website.
- Education Committee
- Environmental Committee
- Public Safety Committee
- Finance Committee
- Treasurer, Erin Nickson, shared the status of the CHNA bank account. Balance to date after funds collected during November meeting is $345.
- Entertainment/Events Committee
- Beautification Committee
- New Business:
- Due to the attendance at the November meeting, a motion was made and carried to postpone election of officers until the next general body meeting.
- Rolanda provided an introduction of the volunteer form as well as well as voting ballot and how it will be used when appointing committee chairs.
- President Powell made a plea for CHNA members to begin attending the NPU-J meetings. NPU-J Meeting: Fourth Tuesday of each month- 7:00 PM at Frederick Douglas High School
- Consultant, Chris Bartlett provided extensive information regarding the work he’s conducting on developing the CHNA business plan. This report included detailed information regarding parcels of land that should be of interest to CHNA as they are ripe for development, as well as information regarding our major revenue producers located with CHNA boundaries. Mr. Bartlett will continue to fine tune this plan and keep members of CHNA apprised of his findings and solicit feedback when needed.
Adjournment: 7:35 PM
Submitted by Erin Nickson